On a lazy sunday morning while gazing at newspaper this recipe caught my attention.What better day to try a new dish than a sunday .So I decided its going to be this chicken curry for lunch.I was pretty sure this would win hands down while I was roasting the masala itself.The aroma of fresh spices and coconut being roasted wafted the kitchen.My kid enjoyed her sunday lunch with this curry with rice and chicken65.
- Roast the ingredients in "To roast and grind" in oil, cool and grind to a smooth paste.
- In a kadai heat the oil add the ingredients in "To temper" and then saute the onions,once the onion turns pink add the chopped tomatoes,salt,chilly powder and turmeric powder.
- Add the cleaned chicken pieces and saute well .Now add in the ground masala and water to cook the chicken.Cover and cook for about 10 minutes . Your Kongunad chicken curry is ready to serve with rice or dosa.
- The original recipe called for poppy seeds also to be roasted and ground but I did'nt add any.
- The amount of green ,red chillies and peppercorns can be altered as per need.
- I added chilly powder for color sake and reduced the amount of peppercorns.
- This gravy is of apt spiciness for our taste buds.