Monday 9 December 2013

Kongunad Chicken Curry Recipe

On a lazy sunday morning while gazing at newspaper this recipe caught my attention.What better day to try a new dish than a sunday .So I decided its going to be this chicken curry for lunch.I was pretty sure this would win hands down while I was roasting the masala itself.The aroma of fresh spices and coconut being roasted wafted the kitchen.My kid enjoyed her sunday lunch with this curry with rice and chicken65.
Kongunad Chicken Curry Recipe

Method:

  1. Roast the ingredients in "To roast and grind" in oil, cool and grind to a smooth paste.
  2. In a kadai heat the oil add the ingredients in "To temper" and then saute the onions,once the onion turns pink add the chopped tomatoes,salt,chilly powder and turmeric powder.
  3. Add the cleaned chicken pieces and saute well .Now add in the ground masala and water to cook the chicken.Cover and cook for about 10 minutes .
  4. Your Kongunad chicken curry is ready to serve with rice or dosa.
Kongunad Chicken Curry Recipe

My Notes:

  • The original recipe called for poppy seeds also to be roasted and ground but I did'nt add any.
  • The amount of green ,red chillies and peppercorns can be altered as per need.
  • I added chilly powder for color sake and reduced the amount of peppercorns.
  • This gravy is of apt spiciness for our taste buds.

1 comment: