This NoolKol(kohl rabbies) kurma goes well with rice as well as with roti ,dosa,idly and even idiyappam.It is a regular in our house atleast once in ten days.altough my kid is not fond of it with rice she loves having kurma with dosa.This kurma can be made using other veggies like potato,peas,carrot,beans as mixed veg kurma.
- First grind the coconut along with the onion to a smooth paste and set aside.
- Take a pressure cooker ,heat oil and add the ingredients under "to temper".You will get the good flavour of the spices frying in oil.
- Add in the onion and saute till it turns pink, then followed by tomatoes,curry leaves and ginger garlic paste.
- Add in a pinch of sugar while frying ,this enhances the taste and color of the kurma.Add the chopped noolkol and saute for a minute and add the masala powders and salt.
- Fry this for 2 more minutes, add about 1/2 a cup of water and pressure cook for three whistles.
- After cooker cools down open it and add the ground coconut mix.Allow it to boil for not more than a minute and switch off the stove.
- Transfer it to the serving bowl and garnish with coriander leaves.Serve hot with rice,roti or dosa.
- Noolkol can be replaced by potato and peas or a mix of veggies as you wish.
- We usually make it for lunch and use the remaining for dinner along with Roti or dosa.