Our doctor always recommends us to include sprouts in our menu everyday, so I keep looking for any chance to include it.This masala is easy and quick one provided you have dried or fresh peas sprouts on hand.You can even try this with unsprouted fresh peas or soaked ones also.The masala goes well with any variety rice or sambar rice and also with roti equally.Now off to the recipe.
- Pressure cook the sprouted peas for 2 or 3 whistles(do not over cook)with salt and turmeric powder.
- Heat oil in a kadai and the items in "to temper" list, then add the onions along with a pinch of salt, add the chilly and garam masala powders and saute till raw smell leaves.
- Add the cooked peas and toss till the masala is coated well. Your sprouted peas masala is ready to serve with rice ,roti or even in your sandwich.
- Mine is a dry version you are free to add a tbsp of coriander powder while sauting and 1/2 cup of water to make a thin gravy.
- If you do not like biting on fennel seeds you can use fennel seeds powder.But I would recommend the use of fennel as whole or in powder form for this enhances the taste of the dish.